12.05.2007

Rain, Rain Go Away

No, wait, come back! It's better than SNOW!

Here it is, finally! My update on the trip to the great Northwest.

Yes, as I said before, it snowed in Seattle! Lewis Black might be on to something, because "that's not right!"

On to the rest of the trip.

Actually, I take that back. First, a little back story. A couple of weeks ago I received an email from The Past. A little more than a week after that a few hours were spent with The Past during an extended layover. What came of this you ask? An invitation to Seattle the following weekend.

Now that the back story is over, let us begin.

So, after much deliberation and some wise words from many of those close to me, I was packed on my way.

Observation: DIA is a very spacious airport. This is not conducive to making it from parking out in BFE to your gate in under 20 minutes.

Luckily, I made it to my gate just as they called boarding for all rows, all passengers. Perfect timing, seeing as how I had the world's greatest seat, 1C. One uneventful flight later I was on the ground in a strange new place. Seattle, WA.

Observation: SEA-TAC is a very compact airport. This is not conducive to delaying due to extreme nervousness.

Of course, She was there waiting for me in the terminal, as beautiful as always (proof to come). We got in the car and took a short, wet ride back to the apartment where I was greeted by a very young and sometimes rambunctious fur-ball. Now the rest of you can meet Izzy.
Oh, she may look sweet here, but she's got big, sharp, pointy fangs!

Look at the bones! (Apologies to all of you who don't get that reference, but I think its pretty funny.)

I spent the next few days learning the city, drinking plenty of coffee, tea and some really good wines. I ate waaaaaay too much food, and all in all just had a great time with a pretty okay person. Ladies and gentleman, a few photos, and that proof that I was right about the beautiful thing.

Saturday night at Brooklyn's (per Mr. Brewer's suggestion). Mmm, fatty likes food!
Everything comes highly recommended! I loved the mussels, or as Ann would say, moules.

Sunday night was spent at Purple.
If you look closely, you can see my uber-red right eye from the lessons learned and shared yesterday. Anywho, about the night. Awesome pastas! Oh, and Sunday nights, this is the place to be. If you spend $25 or more on food, every bottle of wine under $50 is half off. Beware, you can do some serious damage at this place. Oh, and the atmosphere is pretty cool too.

Monday morning, at a gawd awful hour, I was off to the airport for the flight home. Armed with an equally great seat for the return home (1D) and fantastic memories I was (not) ready to come home. It's always hard to leave when you've had such a good time. Fortunately for me, I had a lot of work to hit hard when I got back. It helps keep the mind busy.

There you have it, the official unofficially licensed report of my impromptu visit to Seattle.

1 comment:

JT said...

Awe, you guys look happy and very good together! Hope things work out for you bro! I think Zeus would love to play with the squeak toy in the first picture ;) I particularly like the picture of the dessert, looks like that will make you fast! Hmm, things that make you fast.........