11.12.2007

Oh! The Pain!

Trying new things can always be an adventure, and yesterday was quite an adventure. My hat is off to all women who wax regularly. I went in and got my arms done while Seth was getting his legs and it was an experience to be certain. It wasn't so much the pain while it was happening. Now, don't get me wrong, it was painful while it was happening, but it's the lingering tenderness later that day and early the next that can get to you.

Note to self. Next time I plan this, do not go on a 5 hour ride out east with only two bottles. Dehydrated and low on calories makes for a painful session. Apparently, it is difficult to rip hair out when one is shivering in an 80 degree room. As the blog says, c'est la vie.

Oh, and I did ride this weekend. 5 tubes later the rides are done. It was a total flat-fest out there. I had 4 flats on Saturday while Dad and Jerome each were able to squeak buy with only one apiece. It got to the point where I had to buy a tube from some random guy on the Cherry Creek Path and Dad need to call Ms. Ann for a ride home. We vowed to not let that happen again.

Sunday we each came with two tubes, a patch kit and multiple CO2 cartridges. I only had one and dad managed only one on the ride, but as of last night another was going soft, so he may have lucked out.

Today is an off day. Hooray for Bank Holidays! Veteran's Day (observed) rocks.

No comments: