9.30.2007

So Little to Do

And so much time to do it in!

Scratch that, reverse it.

It feels like I've been going at about a million miles an hour since I was last on here. I'm sure if we both had the time I could go on, and on, and on about all that's been happening but for now let's keep it (somewhat) short.

I'm not quite out of my funk yet, but I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off so much recently that I've been able to push most of those negative thoughts out of the forefront of my mind. Oh sure, they still come back on me from time to time, and some do so more prominently than others, but what I've really noticed is that when you need someone to come through for you they usually do.

Many say a friend in need is a friend indeed. While I believe that to be true, I think the true measure of a friend comes when they are the one that is needed. When you know that someone is there for you time and time again you know that that person is really there because they care about you. So, to all of my friends, thank you for everything you do for me, even when you don't know you are doing it.

Anywho, a rundown of the last few days goes a little something like this...

Wednesday was pretty hectic at work so I wanted to get out and let off a little steam. Gave Seth a ring about doing an easy ride around the park and instead got taken out to the driving range. Nothing says take out your aggression like hitting a small ball as hard as you possibly can.

Thursday I went crazy at work. Again, so much to do, so little time to do it in. Thursday night was a night to remember for sure. I went out to Meridian (aka The Thunderdome or Meridiots) for one final hurrah. Things went about as well as could be expected. I made the break with Byron (again) but we were not lucky enough to have any help. Two people out in the wind are not very fast and we got caught on the last lap with less than 500 meters to go. I still ended up 2nd in the sprint (I refuse to count the guy that passed me whom we had lapped at least once) so I can't be too disappointed. After that I went out with a few other cyclists (hereafter "Ridiculously Skinny People") to enjoy some frosty beverages and take a load off. Judging by the amount consumed we all needed to take a load off.

Friday I got Knocked Up with Christy. Probably one of the best movies I've seen all year. To those of you who haven't seen it, go rent it. Right now!

Saturday was a semi-relaxing day. I went out with Teno for a good ride out in the tornado called south Denver in the morning and spent the rest of the day doing nothing. Pretty much just what the doctor ordered.

And finally we arrive at today. Seth and I went out for 4-5 hours with a few hills thrown in for good measure. As soon as I made it home I was in the shower and then out the door for some fun at the local 'cross race. Man, here's another thing for everyone to do. Go hang out at a cyclocross race with other Ridiculously Skinny People. Definitely one of the most fun times I've had watching racing in a long time. There was beer, food and lots of hollering.

Well, so much for keeping this short. I'll do better next time, I promise. Hasta la vista!

No comments: