9.23.2007

I'm Invincible!

You're a loony! At least that is how it goes in Monty Python land. Yesterday and today I had a some pretty quack-tastic days out and about.

Yesterday started a little late (by normal long-ride-day standards) meeting with Dad around 9h30 and heading out into the fire. The ride included Lookout, Bear Creek, Indian Hills, backside of Deer Creek, High Grade, City View, the backside of Deer Creek (again) then home through Chatfield on the Platte Path. All told it was just inside 100 miles and I felt like a superstar. When I talked today with Dad I found out going up Bear Creek he was averaging 270 watts sitting in my draft, I must have felt good to be pushing that many more watts on the front.

Today I went out to the MOB ride and was very immature. I just can't help myself. Any time someone else raises the pace I have to do something to push things just a little farther. Oh well, I guess we all have faults, and as far as faults go this seems like an OK one for a cyclist to have.

It really is such a shame how things are going right now on the bike. I feel like I have so much fitness that is just being wasted. All I can do at this point is keep training at a pretty high level and maintain as much as I can going into the winter.

Off the bike has been pretty nice too. Last night I met up with Jim, Wood, Randy et al. We hit up Oktoberfest, had a couple brews and pretty much just had a chill time out on a perfect evening. The highlight of the night had to be some of the guys jumping up onto the mechanical bull.

Here we see Randy ready to go.


And then there was Wood, this action shot doesn't do it justice as he was the only one to stay on for the full 8.00.


The thing looked pretty tame to me, but then again, I wasn't the one riding it at the time.

Tonight has been pretty relaxing. Just got home a few hours ago from watching the (terrible) Broncos game with Dad and Ann. We had a few Brats, a good bottle of wine and then some homemade peach cobbler. It may be the greatest side affect of cycling, I get to eat basically whatever, whenever I want when I'm getting in these miles.

My hope is that everyone else on the Webernet had as fantastic a weekend as I. Until we meet again...

No comments: