10.21.2010

Re-Awakening

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on here. Of course I'll title it a re-awakening, as this blog has been dormant for a long time, but really the last few months have been a full on awakening of my person(age).

Durango is a place like no other, and I think in many ways I needed to come down here. I've had my eyes opened for me for a host of reasons. Hopefully I'll be able to explore them all more, and maybe even share them on here, provided I can keep up with my this whole blogging thing.

It's sometimes hard to admit faults. Well, maybe I should amend that statement. For me, it has always been hard for me to admit faults. I am a people pleaser, to a fault, if I'm honest. I have spent a large chunk of my life fully committed to doing and saying whatever it takes to make people happy. This has served me less than well and is something I'm trying to turn around. Of course, now I've found in doing this that being nice is actually pretty good too. I can say no, or I don't want to, or that's not right, but being this honest and open person makes people like and care about you even more than trying to say the right thing does. Go figure, huh?

Anyway, this is just a start. I will have lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots (get the picture) of things to share that I have discovered thus far. I'm also absolutely certain that I am nowhere near done learning. I am really looking forward to finally figuring things out, but the closer I get, the clearer it is that I am oh so far away.

Until we get to the nitty gritty, adios.

Joey

No comments: