4.30.2008

Racing!

Ah, how I have missed you, my dear sweet races. Unfortunately you have taken a back seat lately and I think I made you mad at me. Please don't jump up and bite me like you did on Sunday. I know I may have neglected you in favor of my love Sara, but that doesn't mean I care for you any less. You have to know that I will never truly be gone, I just can't get over how jealous you have become. Forcing me to the ground at high speeds isn't going to make me want to come back sooner. Lucky for you I have a short memory.

So, as the rest of you can probably gather, I've been spending more than a fair amount of time with Sara. I really couldn't be happier about that fact. She has really been amazing for me the last two months. It seems like so much longer. I feel like I've known her for years already, so that's nice. There are so many things that go through my head when I think about her, but it's difficult to put them all into words. All that I can really think of is love. There you have it, Joey is in love.

As you could also surmise, I hit the deck recently in a race. I haven't been this sore after a crash for quite some time, so it's a bit of an eye opener. We were going into the final 300 meters of the race when all h-e-double hockey sticks broke loose and next thing I know I've hit someone and am on the pavement being run over by multiple others. That sort of activity does not come very highly recommended. Fortunately I had Sara to take care of me and help bandage me up afterwards. Thanks my dear, you're a lifesaver.

Currently I'm fighting back all that soreness at Gila. More to come on that, let's just say I'm having good sensations going into my goal stages here, so I am tranquil. Until then...peace and / or out!

2 comments:

I am Brian said...

Schmoopie

Blackie said...

Double schmoopie :). But the real question is which one is the mistress, me or racing? He's been with racing longer so I think I might be the quarter life crisis. Uh oh...